Sunday 4 November 2012

A Series of Birthday Events


Hi all

I feel like all I'm doing at the moment is apologising for not posting when I say I will. However I do endeavour to post at least once a week and I have managed to do this so far.

I do have a good reason why I haven't posted for a while though- it was Halloween on Wednesday and  my 19th birthday on Thursday. This meant lots of nights out and very little sleep causing a huge pile up of work.

We actually celebrated Halloween on Tuesday as my halls threw a big party in the basement bar. This meant free drinks and lots of games. I dressed up as a skeleton (Pic below).

 
Top - Topshop £20 , Dress (worn under as a skirt) - New Look Sale £5 ?
Tights - Dorothy Perkins £5
 
The make up was done using Avon Glimmerstick Eyeliner in Black , Fearne Cotton Eyeshadow Palette 2010 Version from Boots - Using black and pearl shimmer and Lip tint by Urban Decay in Greedy.
 
The headband is one from a pack of 3 from Primark costing £2.50 for the set.
 
 
 
For actual Halloween I actually went to go and see the new bond film , Skyfall , at Tottenham Court Odeon. We got orange Wednesdays making it a more reasonable price instead of paying £11.95 (student) for one of us. The film was so good ! I'm not a huge fan of bond films but as this one is based in London it was a must see, just to look at the screen and say "I've been there!". I really recommend going to see it if you haven't yet.
 
Then on Thursday I turned 19 ! It was strange not to be at home with my family but I got loads of cards off friends and family and a few presents to open in the morning before lectures. I had planned a trip to the local pub for a few of us in the night and somehow ended up with a posse of 40+ people ?! I had a great night but sadly didn't think to take my camera with me so no photos as evidence (I'm sure some of the residents in halls are thankful for this). I also got half the pub slurring 'Happy Birthday' at me at some point during the night which was hilarious but kind of touching at the same time.
 
Then on Friday, after almost missing my 9am lecture, I planned to go out with some friends from home who are also studying in and around London. We ended up eating at Pizza Express on Chancery Lane which was lovely and fairly quiet for a Friday night in London but the service was a bit lacking. After this we headed for a walk down to the river and the southbank. This is fastly becoming one of my favourite places to walk along at night in London as all the main buildings are lit up and the view is stunning. We then sat outside Giraffe on the Southbank , around a heater , drinking their fresh lemonade with mint. It is delicious and refreshing and made a nice alternative to alcohol.
 
Safe to say that this weekend has been catching up with work and sleep as well as trying to organise my time better.
 
I am having a really enjoyable time here at Uni but homesickness has been plaguing me this week so I can't wait to visit home soon.
 
Hopefully this week will be less action packed and more work will be done leaving me time to do the things I actually want to do. With that said I am not doing any shoes of the week for this week as I have not had the time or the energy to search through my normal sources but pleased stay tuned as I WILL have a fabulous pair picked for next Wednesday.
 
Speak to you soon
 
 
GoodyTwoShoes x
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment