Friday 23 November 2012

Baby It's Cold Outside (Photo heavy post )

Hey everyone

This post is a slight deviation from the one I had planned but I promise my shoes of the week will be posted on Sunday night. Instead I bring you winter warmers in the forms of hats, gloves scarfs and a combination of all of these.

With the temperature in the UK steadily dropping to freezing I thought it was about time I invested in a proper set of hat/scarf and gloves. Normally I don't really bother with buying matching items as I always end up co-ordinating various pieces anyway but this year I made a real effort to try and find a matching set because I wanted them to match (or at least compliment) my newish winter coat.(Can be found here ).

I only brought 3 coats with me to uni. One is my trusty leather jacket (found here f+f Asymmetric Biker Jacket) , a black blazer from Primark for keeping me warm on nights out or to look business like and my winter coat (link above).  This made trying to find a set quite easy as they are all dark and require similar colours to bring the style out.

I also brought a few winter items from home to cover the winter weather so here's a few pics of me modelling them ...


  
From the top :
Wolf/leopard print hood/scarf/glove all in one with ears - Christmas Present 2011
Grey scarf - Birthday Present 2 years ago
Grey Animal Glove (Left Hand) - Primark 2011 (Similar ones available now)
Grey striped fingerless glove - Primark 2010 approx £3
Cream bear hat - Christmas Present 2011 ( Hancock & Woods £8 approx)
Blue Beanie - Primark Men's Section £2 (February 2012)
 
 
As you can see I have quite a head for hats but don't have any proper matching sets. In retrospect this is probably because I always get given some for my birthday and/or Christmas as presents so never really feel the need to buy any.
 
However I had set myself this mission and have spent the last 3 weeks on the hunt for cosy wear to wrap up in. After scouring the depths of London's best and worst , extensive online searches and high street store raids I eventually came across 2 sets I wanted from Primark.
 
I wouldn't say that I am particularly fussy when it came to these things but I was being picky about price and colour (student budget and wanted a burgundy/red wine colour).
 
On a drizzly Sunday afternoon I made my way to Primark on Tottenham Court Rd as I had seen them put out new stock the Friday before but had not had the chance to call in. With in 10 minutes of being there I had picked up one set which met my criteria before coming across another, albeit wild card, set.
 
I ended up buying both as the total price was still less than what I had expected to pay in somewhere such as Accessorise for all 3 items.
 
Here they are :
 
 
Hat £2
Scarf £6
Mittens £2
 
The wild card set was cream with gold flecks in. The big selling point to me was the hat - it is lined with soft faux fur and has faux fur pom poms at the end (also on the end of the scarf). The mittens also have this fur as an added detail around the cuff so they just feel lovely, soft and cosy.
 
 
Hat £8
Scarf £6
Gloves £4
 
I have worn both these sets this week and have found them to do exactly what they say on the tin. However a warning for anyone thinking about purchasing the cream set - Whilst the faux fur is lovely it tends to malt on your clothes so be aware if you are going to be wearing black trousers with them (you will end up picking hair off your clothes).
 
All in all though, I am very happy with my purchases and look forward to wrapping up in them in the future cold spells.
 
I'll be back on Sunday with my shoes of the week.
 
 
GoodyTwoShoes x
 
 

 







No comments:

Post a Comment