Saturday 17 November 2012

Shoes of the Week 17/11/12 - Vans Hello Kitty SK8 -Hi

Hi all

This week has seen me on a lot of train journeys and travelling around the UK.

Last weekend I took a trip back home to see my family and catch up on sleep / eat proper food. Both of these were accomplished and it felt really good to be home (even if it was just for 2 days).

On Wednesday I also took a trip. This time to see one of my friends who is studying at the University of Warwick, based in Coventry. I booked tickets through London Midland as they were cheaper but this also meant a longer journey than it would have been if travelling through Virgin. We had a wander through Coventry and a nosey in a few of the shops before taking a bus to the Uni campus.

Warwick Campus is huge and in the middle of nowhere. After a tour I realised how glad I was that I am in the centre of a city with a Tesco 5 mins away. I met the flatmates and spent the afternoon catching up over coffee before heading to the pub for a proper tea. It was good to see a friendly face after being away for so long and to get out into the country (even if I'm a city girl at heart).

This weeks shoes have been picked simply because I bought them last weekend whilst I was at home. I have a slight affection for hello kitty and this is the second pair of shoes inspired by that cat that I now own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My shoes of the week are Hello Kitty Vans Sk8 Hi Slim

 
If you have read some of my previous posts you will know that I find Vans as one of the comfiest pairs of shoes a person can own. They are originally designed for skateboarding so offer great cushioning the the soles of your feet and the high tops give great ankle support.
 
I came across this design a while ago but felt that at a full price of  £55 they had the designer price tag to match the, albeit, cute design. However, these are currently in the sale for £30 and I managed to get student discount on top making the beauties worth splashing my student loan on.
 
They feature white hello kitty outlines along the back and side of the shoe with the front and tab made from a suedette material. The laces contrast nicely in white and they come with a big red detachable bow which can be place anywhere along the laces or removed depending on your preference.
 
They hit just above the ankle (similar to hi top converse) but have extra padding along the backs so they do not rub or blister your feet. The lining is bright red and they have the traditional Vans waffle sole.
 
I got these in a size 7 as this was the largest size they had at that time but I have had both sz 7 and 8s in the past from vans which have fitted well. I think this mostly depends on the style of the shoe. The 7s fit comfortably and I can walk around easily without fear of putting my toes through the front.
 
I think this is a great partnership and this pair is not the only design available from Hello Kitty so if you fancy a cute comfy pair of trainers I suggest you take a look online or in your local Schuh store.
 
Overall I give an 8 / 10 - Great shoes, great design and great comfort.
 
See you next week
 
 
GoodyTwoShoes x


No comments:

Post a Comment