Tuesday 11 September 2012

Shoes of the Week 11/09/12 - Irregular Choice Skyline Courts

Hi guys

I'm now feeling much better and almost back to normal now. The last couple of days have seen me pottering around the house doing some preliminary packing and arranging to meet up with friends before we head off to Uni.

I've also had my last day at work which was sad as I really enjoyed my time there but I'm looking forward to our leavers meal tomorrow so I can celebrate in style.

I've also just come back from having my hair dyed which is why this post is a bit later than normal. I've wanted my hair done since the end of June but have never had the time or resources at the same time. It was a mid red/light brown but is now a deep claret red. (The exact hair colour and dye can be seen here )

Anyway, Its Tuesday so that means "Shoes of the Week" time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This weeks shoes are these Black and white irregular choice cortesan skyline courts

 
 
Irregular Choice are a familiar brand on my shoe lust list as they are known for making fabulous and quirky into (somewhat) practical shoes. Several Irregular Choice pairs caught my eye when I went looking this week but I finally decided on the courtesan skyline courts because they feature one of the worlds most famous sights - the New York skyline.
 
In classic monochrome the detail in these shoes stands out for itself. Each building is attached to the other and some colour is injected through the multicoloured windows designed to represent the glitz and glamour of the New York street. You can't forget Lady Liberty , who also features on the back heel of the shoe in a somewhat abstract style.
 
 
 
The heels do not pose a tripping problem at 10 cm / 4" high and the gradient from heel to floor is not likely to cause pain once used to walking around in the slightly unconventional shape of shoe.
 
At £70 they are also one of the cheaper pairs of Irregular Choice shoes available.
 
If you can't afford to travel to the "Big Apple" then you may want to think about investing in these shoes so you can take your own piece of it home.
 
Overall I give an 8 /10 - lust worthy shoes with bags of style but with little oppotunity to wear and an expensive price tag. 
 
 
Speak to you soon
 
 
GoodyTwoShoes x

 




No comments:

Post a Comment