Sunday 9 September 2012

Girls' Day Out , Manchester 7 - 9th Sept. Peter Andre Guest Appearance


Hi all

I am sorry I haven't posted much this week . I had planned to give an update on Wednesday but I have unfortunately been struck down by a mystery virus which is only just fading now. Illness aside, I did manage to make it out to the "Girls' day Out" held in Manchester over the weekend.This is the first time the event has been run outside of Glasgow and I think the organisers did a great job.

Described as "Three days of catwalk shows, Girls' Day Out dancers, cocktail bars, celebrity appearances, makeovers, hair salons, style surgeries and lots more!" on the website I was excited to go and see what was going on.

I went on Friday , accompanied once more by my shopping accomplice (Mum) and arrived at about 11 O'clock. Tickets were available on the door at £15 per adult , £12 for concessions and Under 16s were just £10. We had already purchased our tickets using a "Wowcher" offer , getting 2 adult tickets for £14.

After buying tickets you were then presented with 2 vouchers - one for a free goody bag , the other for a voucher book, which could be collected from stalls within the exhibition centre. We quickly made our way to claim our goody bags and here's what mine contained :


Upon comparison with my mums the only difference was that I received a small Max Factor eyeshadow and she received a 3rd nail polish instead. Not too bad for a freebie !

We then had a walk around the various stalls offering everything from hair extensions to botox , make up to manicures and several stalls offering photo shoots at discounted prices. There was easily over 100 different businesses and both high street and boutiques were mixed in together.

In between the stalls were a couple a bars offering a free "Pinky" vodka cocktail and a few stages which were offering catwalk shows and dancers.

Here's a shot of the hunky dancers and a view of the inside :

 
 
We were also lucky enough to be near the back stage when Fridays celebrity guest arrived - the one and only Peter Andre. I was towards the back and side of the crowd so I apologise for the photo quality.
 
 
Whilst we didn't end up buying anything much we both had a great time. Mum received a free Benefit cosmetics makeover and I got to check out the latest A/W 12 collection from Debenhams and check out the Urban decay stand without being pressured to buy.
 
 
Sadly the event is now over in Manchester but will be returning to Glasgow in November. Checkout the website here : http://www.girlsdayoutshow.co.uk/
 
 
If you get the chance to check it out in the future I would recommend thinking about it as a great day out with mum, grandma or friends. There was even a few hen parties in on Friday !
 
 
I'll be back on Tuesday with my shoes of the week.
 
 
Speak to you soon
 
GoodyTwoShoes x

No comments:

Post a Comment