Tuesday 4 September 2012

Shoes Of The Week 04/09/12 - Topshop Mandolin Heart Shoes


Hi Guys

This last week has been quite a hectic one filled with appointments to try and sort out all the technical stuff they don't tell you about when you apply for uni e.g. insurance, student accounts and freshers week preparations. I think I'm getting mostly on top of it now but still got a few more bits to do before move in (T-minus 3 week 5 days).

It's beginning to feel real that I will be living and studying in London which makes me both extremely excited and nervous at the same time but hopefully it will be where I want to be. The next big hurdle I will have to face is packing a 3 month wardrobe into 2 holdalls and reducing 80 pairs of shoes down to 8 ...

Anyway , this weeks shoes of the week are courtesy of Topshop and are brand new in store this week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Shoes of the Week are the Mandolin Heart Point Shoes in black.

 

I came across this pair whilst catching up on whats new in at Topshop and loved them.

The spot overlay hints back to the 50s/60s giving a new 'old' feel to the shoes and fits in perfectly with the upcoming trends for autumn. The studded heart is both girly and punk rock fitting the ideas of grunge and goth, both big for A/W 12, and the pointed toe will look great with cropped trousers or as an alternative to a heel.

They also come in a nude version (Found here) which are great as a "wear with anything , do anything" kind of shoe.

At £24 they do seem quite expensive for a pair of flats but, for Topshop I think this is quite reasonable because most shoes start at £28.

I can certainly see these being great transitional shoes as we head in to the colder months due to the versatility. I would wear them with a tartan pencil skirt and a band t-shirt now and cropped tweed trousers and a blazer in the winter.

I give a score of 9 / 10 for these and can't wait to get my hands on them when they hit the stores.

Speak Soon

GoodyTwoShoes x

No comments:

Post a Comment