Sunday 24 February 2013

Product Review - Barry M Textured Nail Effect


Hey guys

Yesterday I went shopping and found some lovely new nail polishes on offer by Barry M. The "Textured Nail Effect" polishes have started taking off recently so I thought I would give it a try and with my local Superdrug offering them at 2 for £6 it was hard to resist.

I picked up 2 bottles, one pale blue called "Atlantic Road" (left) and a nude/peach pink called "Kingsland Road" (Right).


Following all good nail polish practise I applied a base coat first using Barry M "Basecoat, Topcoat  & Nail Hardener. All in one"(centre). You can pick this up in Superdrug for £2.99 and I really recommend it as an all in one nail polish that does what it says it does.

I then applied 3 thin coats of each polish. This was because the first coat when on really thin and was see through , the next coat made the colour more prominent but the effect was lacking so a third coat did the trick for me.

 
The textured effect is really hard to photograph as it is more like a sandpaper/gritty end effect once dried. The best photo I could manage on my camera is this one:



As you can see I went for the ring finger to be a different colour. The polishes themselves were very true to colour once applied and so far there have been no chips , even after 2 hours of ukulele strumming.



I really like the effect and colours especially for spring but, I am more of a bold than pastel colours person so I hope more are to be released soon in brighter colours.

This effect is also available in 2 other pastel colours : a pastel yellow ("Station Road")  and a sea green ("Ridley Road").

Overall I'm quite happy with my purchase but I don't know how often I will make use of the polishes. Maybe some funky nail art will occur in the future ?

I'll be back soon with my shoes of the week.


GoodyTwoShoes x

No comments:

Post a Comment