Wednesday 17 October 2012

Shoes of the Week - 17/10/12 Dr Martens 1460 Boot (Black Smooth)

Hi all

This weeks been pretty busy for me as I have finally started classes and my proper timetable. This means lots of reading , assignments, time spent in the library and time wasted wishing I was in bed. This term is going to be one of the better timetables as 2 modules (courses) of my degree don't start until after Christmas so here's looking forward to that !

However one of the perks of LSE is that all students get Wednesday afternoons off and since I don't have any lectures or classes on a Wednesday this means I get a day off. Admittedly this is probably the best time to do work and catch up with coursework etc - not go to the Topshop sale like I did. . .

Whoops ?!

Well, with the flagship store on my doorstep I could hardly not (That's my story and I'm sticking to it). By the time I searched from top to toe and combed through the rails I had about £200 worth in my hand. Upon realising my student budget this was cut down to £40 for 3 tops (2 in the sale and 1 not). Photos of these will probably follow in a couple of posts as I aim to do a London Haul of all the clothes and stuff I have picked up since getting here.

For the rest of the day I met up with a friend from home who is also studying in London at QMUL. We had dinner out and then went for a wander around the Museum of London before parting so we could both get some work done.
 
I have chosen this weeks shoes as they are from a brand I love and a pair of classics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My shoes of the week are Dr Martens 1460 Boot



Taken from the Dr Marten Originals collection these boots are a pair of British classics. Worn since 1947 by housewives and punks alike you can agree that this is a pair of shoes that will go with anything. This particular design was created in 1960 and the trademark "Air Wair" soles and yellow stitching around the rubber soon became a big hit.

I picked this style as these were my first pair of DMs which I wore as school shoes in 2006. They take some getting used to and, as any wearer of Dr Martens will know, take a lot of time/effort to break in. However once this process has finished  you are left with boots that are moulded exactly to your feet and give you all the support you need whilst offering comfort over long distances.

Since my first pair in 2006 I have expanded my collection to reach 6 pairs. These range from wellies to my more recent purchases at the dr-martens-manchester-store-opening.

These boots and brand have also increased in popularity over the last few years leading to cheap knock offs being found in Primark and prices rocketing to deal with the demand.

From the official Dr Martens website - www.drmartens.co.uk - the above pair cost £100 but if you search on eBay or around your local area you are bound to find a registered trader who offers slightly cheaper prices. This pair are in the "Black Smooth" version but the style of boot (1460) also comes in a variety of colours (purple, pink , cherry red, etc)  or,  if these aren't your cup of tea, have a nosey around as DMs come in over 100 different varieties.

If you are thinking about buying a pair of winter boots this year which are both practical and stylish then I would definitely recommend these. Although they don't look like much the variety of outfits and change they can bring to an outfit is outstanding.

As I feel these are a pair of shoe classics I am not going to rate them just say that everyone should have a pair of Dr Martens in their closet.

Speak to you soon


GoodyTwoShoes x


*A quick word of warning - these boots take time to break in before you feel the love from them. Stick at it for a while and you will never want to part with them. *






No comments:

Post a Comment