Wednesday 10 October 2012

Shoes of the week - 10/10/12 ASOS Applause Chelsea boots


Hi all

Due to my new timetable for uni I am going to be moving my regular "Shoe of the Week" slot to be posted on a Wednesday rather than a Tuesday. This is just so I can guarantee it will go up on time and I will have chance to post.

Life in London is going well. I started my first lectures this week which were interesting but after 4 months of not doing any maths I quickly realised I needed a refresher before attempting the homework.

I have also manage to explore quite a bit :- Camden market , Covent garden , Oxford street and Harrods have all been visited but, there are plenty more things to see and do with plenty of time to do them.

This weeks shoes come from ASOS.com and can be found below ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My shoes of the week are ASOS APPLAUSE Chelsea Ankle Boots
 
These boots remind me of Dr Martens but without the price tag. In a typical Chelsea boot style with the elasticated side inserts and tabs to pull on these boots won't be a trouble getting on and off.
 
The pattern is incredibly detailed meaning very little is needed with these shoes to make an outfit stand out. The colours used (mixing reds and greys on a burgundy/oxblood background) are all hot for A/W this year.
 
 


As far as winter boots go , these babies seem ideal with wider and thicker treads not normally seen on boots at the cheaper end of the scale. The rubber soles will keep you gripping in the rain and snow from October to February without wearing down too much.

At £35 I feel you are getting a real bargain for your money. Whilst the uppers are not leather the textile detail and design gives these boots their character. The floral pattern is not overwhelming and these boots can be worn in many ways and as part of many styles.

I would wear these fabulous Chelsea boots with black tights and a burgundy skater dress to show them off or with peg leg trousers and a tucked in shirt to rock the androgynous look.


Overall I give 7 / 10 for these. Brilliant boots but not made to last for more than one season.

Speak to you soon,

GoodyTwoShoes x

No comments:

Post a Comment