Tuesday 31 July 2012

Shoes Of The Week 31/07/12 - Vans Navy 106


Hi guys

Sorry I haven't posted much this week but I've been trying to create myself a twitter and manage that (Follow me at @MissGoody2s or search for 'GoodyTwoShoes')  as well as doing a few more hours in work so I can have some spends for the new A/W 2012 clothes which are being released across my favourite high street shops sometime soon.

As this is supposed to be a fashion blog I suppose I should also tell you I have acquired some new clothes. I bought a new black leatherette biker jacket for £30 and a black peter pan collared tunic dress for £16 at my local Tesco. However , they seem to be new to the range so they are yet to appear on the website but I will keep looking for them and if they still haven't appeared after next week I promise to post pictures of both.

The jacket was bought to replace a very similar one that I have loved and worn for about 4 years now from Dorothy Perkins. It was looking a bit worse for wear but was so comfy and versatile that I really did not want to put it to bed. After doing a bit of grocery shopping I stumbled across it in the brown and was pleased to discover they also offered it in black. It took about 5 mins to try/buy it but I am so happy with it and no doubt it will be worn a lot in the months coming up.

As for my shoes of the week I have decided to pick probably the comfiest pair of trainers that I have ever owned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My shoes of the week are Vans Navy 106 vulcanized shoes



I first bought a pair of Vans 6 years ago from an outlet store at the cost of £14. From then they never left my feet (and for a girl with 80 pairs of shoes that was impressive). Eventually that first pair were worn down and holey so were replaced by the above model but in a dark grey with an aqua stripe round the rubber soles. 2 years on they are still going strong but do look a lot worse for wear (holes in the toes and no lining to be seen) but they are still the comfiest pair of shoes I own.

In February I decided to replace my old favourites but seemed to struggle to find the same design of shoe. If you are new to the Vans brand then you won't realise that there are several styles available to you and they differ across both men's and women's although the men's can also be classed as unisex by some companies. Different companies will also offer different selections and so I could never be sure that I would find the same style of shoe that I liked. Eventually though , I came across the above shoes and bought them for the cost of £45 .

This was quite a difference to the original £14 I paid for my first pair, albeit in an outlet store, but due to both a country in recession and increases in popularity the prices have seemed to escalate. However I figured that they were worth it especially considering the cost per wear, quality and comfort.

This particular style is designed for both men and women and comes in 3 different colour combinations (Blk/Wht , Blk/Blk , Nvy/Wht). I picked the navy to give my feet a splash of colour and 6 months on they are still doing well.

New buyers do need to be aware that after a few wears your shoes will begin to crease to match your normal walking pattern causing some colour fading to occur along these creases. This is not specific to this particular style of shoe by Vans as some of my friends who own different types have also had the same problem.

Overall for these shoes i would give a rating of 7 / 10 .

This is because they are a wardrobe classic that do mix and match well but fail to catch the eye and do have to be replaced often due to wear on the inside rather than the outside.

Speak Soon

GoodyTwoShoes x







No comments:

Post a Comment