Tuesday 17 July 2012

Shoes of the Week 17/07/12 - M&S Wedge Shoes

Hi all

So , as you know I said I would try and post quite regularly now that I have the time and means to and here i am.

This is hopefully going to be a regular slot where I review and/or showcase my shoe lust for a particular pair of the week. I will disclose now that I do not work for any shoe shop, I do not get paid to advertise any particular shoes and/or brand and sadly, may not own the pair I pick for each week.

With that aside I will say that I generally take a UK size 8 shoe (europe sz 41) and have slightly wider than average feet so I do find it difficult to find shoes that fit comfortably.

My first ever shoes of the week are actually the pair of shoes I bought earlier this week during a sale shopping spree at Marks and Spencers. (link below)

Limited Collection Strappy Wedge Shoes

As a general rule I do not shop in M&S but with the sale signs in the window calling I felt a little look would do no harm.

I have always liked M&S Limited Collection shoes as they are designed to go with the current fashions on the catwalk but at a more affordable price. I also feel that M&S shoes offer more in the form of comfort than most other brands as their target audience is slightly older than most of the other shops on the high street.

When I first looked at shoes these were not the pair that caught my eye but upon closer inspection I thought they looked ideal for summer. The metallic blue would blend perfectly with a variety of items in my wardrobe, the straps gave great detail and would look great paired with leggings, jeans, dresses, etc... and the wedge design makes it perfect for being on your feet for a while without fearing foot ache or blisters.

I tried these on in store originally in a sz 8 but they felt a little big and I could only find the one shoe. I then looked for a smaller size but as they were in the sale and in store there was limited avaliability. Eventually I found a pair in a 7.5 which fitted nicely and so they were quickly bought and taken home.

After a little wear around the house (sadly british summer seems to have been and gone) I was pleased with my purchase. They are slightly padded underfoot to give a soft cushion and the wedge heel is not too high that you feel you are going to fall over. My only disappointment with them is that the straps that attach to the ankles fit tightly but some of the rest of the straps do not adjust accordingly so are a little wide. After reading the online reviews it seems like I'm not the only one to notice this little sizing problem for this other wise fabulous shoe.


Overall I'd give an 8 / 10 for these and definitely recommend getting your hands on them in the sale whilst they last.

Speak to you soon

GoodyTwoShoes x

No comments:

Post a Comment